Saturday, September 12, 2009

Before and After - Powder Room

It's my Texas Bathroom!  Or at least that is what I call it.  I grew up in Texas and sometimes I get all nostalgic when I miss it, and that is the result of the inspiration in my powder room.  This is one of those projects that we thought would be fairly straightforward.  But, just like all of my "this will be so easy" projects, it ended up being more difficult than it should have been.  Everything went smoothly except the toilet install. It took like 4 days because of installation issues. My husband could NOT get the base screws to properly attach to the house's original thingies on the...oh forget it...i dont know what I'm talking about...It was hard, ok?!

I knew I wanted to gut the entire bathroom and put in a new toilet, sink, faucet, hardware, mirror, lighfixture and crown molding.  My dear hubby is the one that does all the labor around here, and he was so good about letting me add to the list of things I wanted to do in there. I think he felt safe that since it was a small room, I couldn't go too crazy with my wish list.

Anyway, here is the before pic of the downstairs bathroom.  Can you believe I lived in this house for 2 YEARS before we did anything to this room? 

BEFORE:


HOW DID I NOT GO CRAZY!  Probably because there were 100 other more important things to tackle in this house first.

And now....ahhhhh, so much better!

AFTER:







This little box holds/hides extra TP.  What do you think? Wrong spot? Too big?



And finally:


Don't mess with Texas.

I grew up in Texas so I LOVE this.  I made it from a birthday card my best friend sent me.  I saved it for about 4 years before I finally framed and hung it.  It is perfect in my "Texas" Bathroom.

I am always messing around with the items on the shelf and I cannot seem to get it just right. Sometimes, I think the shelf is too low. Sometimes, I think the accessories are too small. Sometimes, I want to move the pic.  Sometimes, I feel like I nut, sometimes I don't. 

Hope you are having a WONDERFUL weekend!



11 comments:

Halle@HouseCapated said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bev @ The 3 Clutters said...

Very nice. I love the framed card, brings in a very person touch, and it is perfect for the room!

Bev @ The 3 Clutters said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Halle. I forgot to mention how much I like you corner detail...very nice

Hoity Toity Baby said...

I love the before and afters! We had our twin's sillouhets done in DisneyWorld last year! I love them too. It brought me back to my own childhood my Mom had ours hanging in the hallway!

Come visit my blog at www.HoityToityBaby.blogspot.com and become a friend!

Blissfully Enamored said...

i LOVE this little bathroom!! it's precious!! And...the hairdryer picture...is awesome!!! way to go! :)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Very nice redo on your bathroom! It really looks great!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

great job!

Sherri said...

Love all the western touches! Your bathroom is adorable and so very FRESH looking. The molding in the corner is a wonderful idea.

Tamera said...

Great job! Love the pedestal sink and glad to see you added more umph! with the bigger mirror! It really is a Texas bathroom:)

Tamera@doubledelight

cindy said...

Looks super great. The corner detailing adds so much to the space, and it's one of my favorite 'touches' folks add to their rooms. AS far as your shelf, I think the arrangement looks fine! The space below the shelf might be happier with some kind of fluff...perhaps set something on the (awesome) box holding the tp. Something tallish?
Great room....you've certainly got a knack for putting things together. And you are certainlynot a nut. :o)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Great transformation. Love your colors. The molding details in the corners are beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin